Rock Bottom Brewery Asiago Cheese Dip
This recipe was supplied to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in 1998 by the chef of the Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery, Chip Fergert.
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in hot water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Asiago plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup green onions, cleaned and cut into ¼ inch pieces
- ¼ cup mushrooms (rinsed and sliced into ¼ inch pieces)
- Squeeze all the water out of the tomatoes then julienne cut them into fine strips It is important that all water is removed and that the tomatoes are added last
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, except tomatoes and Asiago for garnish, in food processor. Blend well at low speed
- Add tomatoes and slowly mix by hand for one minute
- When ready to serve, heat through in the microwave.
- Remove from the microwave, sprinkle with Asiago cheese.
- Put under broiler until the cheese browns