How to Make Banana Muffins – A breakfast treat that can’t be beat!
Make these the night before and have them for breakfast along with some fruit, orange juice, or the Heavenly Hash above. Keep them covered tightly so they won’t dry out, and they’ll last several breakfasts. That is, unless you eat them for dinner or a snack the night before, which is easy to do.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together, flour, soda, baking powder and set aside.
- Mash bananas well and mix with sugar and milk and beaten eggs
- Stir in melted margarine.
- Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients. Make sure it is completely incorporated into the batter so there are no flour lumps.
- Bake in muffin pan at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a toothpick in the middle of a muffin. If batter clings to the toothpick, bake for five more minutes. If the toothpick comes out clean, muffins are done.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR