How To Make Bean Salad With Homemade Dressing
This is a delicious summer time treat that goes with everything.
No mayonnaise needed here…the cooked dressing is made with sugar, vinegar, water and beaten egg. Light and tasty and perfect for a summer time side dish. It only takes a few moments to make this dressing, and the bean salad goes together quickly once you’ve chopped the veggies.
Serves: 6 - 8
- 1 can red or kidney beans
- 5-6 sweet pickles, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon white or cider vinegar
- In a small saucepan, mix together the water, beaten egg with sugar, and the vinegar.
- Mix first four ingredients together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cook dressing over medium-low heat until thick.
- Allow dressing to cool slightly, and pour over bean mixture, stir to coat bean mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR