Black Bean and Kielbasa Soup Recipe
Kielbasa is a type of smoked sausage, a little spicy, but if you’re unable to find it, substitute regular smoked sausage. This black bean and kielbasa soup doesn’t make a big batch, so if you intend to feed a large crowd, please remember to double, triple or quadruple the recipe ingredients.
- ½ pound Kielbasa or Smoked sausage, Sliced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- ¼ cup picante sauce or salsa
- Sour cream (optional), garnish
- Chopped cilantro (optional), garnish
- Saute Kielbasa or smoked sausage in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sausage begins to brown.
- Add bell pepper and onion and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; add beans and picante sauce or salsa and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro if desired.
If you want to make a larger batch of soup, just double or triple each ingredient. It’s delicious, so will go fast.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR