Blueberry Bran Muffins
Serves: 12 to 16
- 1½ cup wheat bran
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup egg substitute (or 1 egg)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin pan or use paper liners (I’d spray those too)
- Combine buttermilk and wheat bran. Let sit while assembling other ingredients.
- Mix oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add to bran/buttermilk mixture.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing until blended.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
What I used to prepare these muffins: A super convenient hand mixer and a silicone muffin pan. Both are so useful in the kitchen! Once you have a silicone cooking pan, I bet you will be anxious to replace them all!