My Mom made the BEST blueberry dessert when I was growing up. It is my very favorite dessert besides German chocolate cake of course!
Mom started making this Blueberry Dessert for family gatherings when I was a young girl. It became such a hit and a to die for dessert each time it was served. The flavor of this is so rich and blueberry tasting! It’s not to hard to make. I have a hard time making the carton whipping cream up so I just cheat and buy the 1 pint frozen kind now. You’ll want to let the frozen whipping cream sit in the refrigerator ahead of time till it softens and then use as directed in the recipe instructions. This is the only part I have substituted in this recipe. Much simpler to use but if you’re one who can whip the carton kind up then that is great too.
To this day I still and always will make my Mom’s blueberry dessert for special family gatherings and holidays. My boys adore this dessert so much that my older son likes me to make it for his birthday sometimes! It’s the one dessert my family counts on me making! I’d like to share my very special family blueberry dessert recipe with you. You don’t want to miss out on it!
- 28 graham crackers
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 32 marshmallows
- 1 pint whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cans blueberry filling
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- Crush graham crackers with rolling pin. Then mix together graham crackers, butter and 2 tbsp sugar. Take out ½ cup of graham cracker mixture and set aside. Press the larger mixture into a 9 X 13 greased pan.
- MARSHMALLOW WHIP CREAM FILLING:
- In a saucepan pour in milk and add marshmallows individually. Heat on medium heat stirring and adding marshmallows. After all marshmallows are dissolve then remove pan from heat. Cool the mixture quickly by putting saucepan in kitchen sink with a couple inches of cold water on bottom of sink.
- While the above mixture is cooling; whip the heavy whipping cream and ¼ cup of sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer until thick. After marshmallow mixture when cool. Then add whipping cream and mix together.
- Instead of using the 1 pint whipping cream carton with added sugar, you can use the 1 pint frozen whipping cream. You'll want to let the frozen whipping cream sit in the refrigerator ahead of time till it softens and then mix it the same way with the cooled marshmallow mixture.
- MAKE LAYERS:
- Add 1 can blueberries on top of graham cracker crust. Then add half of the marshmallow mixture. Add 2nd can of blueberries; then add the rest of the marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle the ½ cup of graham crackers that you set aside previously.
- Refrigerate. Cut and serve. Enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR