Silver’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies.
My daughter Silver has an issue with gluten so she has been cooking gluten free for a few months. That has helped her to get rid of her gluten intolerant intestinal pain issues.
My daughter Silver is my second to the oldest daughter. I was living with IoBlue my youngest daughter. I now live with my oldest daughter Miss Norway who is a good cook as well as a seamstress. I will have soon some stories about her sewing as well as her recipes from her and her husband Mr Chili Peppers who loves to cook! He has always worked at as a cook at a pizza parlor as a second job for fun and extra income. Of course, these are not their real names, just their pen names.
This is NOT a diet cookie!
- 2 sticks or 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoon milk or milk alternatives
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups gluten free flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup or 6 ounces of milk chocolate chips
- ½ bag butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees [191 degrees C, Gas mark 5]. You can hand mix all or use an electric mixer on medium speed, increasing and decreasing upon the addition of ingredients.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add to the butter and sugar mixture the eggs, milk, and vanilla and set aside.
- In separate bowl mix gluten free flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients,
- Lastly blend in by hand the chocolate and butterscotch chips. The dough will be very thick. Make flattened cookie shapes on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, do not over bake.
- Cool and store if you can stop the family from eating them all!
You can adjust the amounts of chocolate chips and butterscotch chips to suit your needs. You can add nuts like walnuts if you wish. My daughter can use regular milk, I have issues with too much regular milk so I use almond milk now and it is very good in several things I eat.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookie photos
Silver and her son “Hiccup” make these cookies
ABOUT THE AUTHOR