Calling all chocoholics!
This chocolate cake is a true sweet fix with both batter and frosting chocolate!
This was my first time making this particular sheet cake recipe. At first I thought the recipe looked a bit involved but it really wasn’t. It was fairly simple. Just mix your dry ingredients as the recipe reads then make the stove top part. Add it all together. Really quite simple.
Now when it came to the frosting; that was truly involved and not my strongest baking quality. Putting the ingredients together was easy but the stirring on the stove top was challenging. It made you feel stir crazy. At least it did me! When you pour it top of the cooled cake you need to quickly spread it around. It sets very quick. At least it did for me.
The taste is super sweet! All the stirring with the frosting was worth it. So if you’re a chocolate lover this cake is for YOU!
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 sticks margarine
- 1 cup water
- 5 heaping tbsp cocoa
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp margarine
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1½ cup white sugar
- 1/.4 cup white Karo syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350
- In a large bowl mix together flour, salt, white sugar and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a saucepan boil butter, water and cocoa. Mix well that add with dry ingredients.
- Then add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well. Pour into a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick in middle to make sure down.
- Let Cool!
- After it is done cooling then it's time to make the frosting.
- In a saucepan, boil butter, milk, white sugar, vanilla and ¼ cup Karo syrup.
- Than add chocolate chips. Stir until smooth and slightly thick. Spread on cake.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes or so before serving.
Dexter-Russell 4-by-2.5-Inch Stainless Steel and Walnut Pancake TurnerVollrath 5220 Aluminum Wear-Ever Heavy-Duty 16-Guage Closed Bead Natural Sheet Pan, 1/4 SizeFarberware High Performance Stainless Steel 1-Quart Covered Straining Saucepan
ABOUT THE AUTHOR