When I was younger my Mom made this really neat Easter Bunny Cake. I thought it would be fun to share with you how to make it. It’s really pretty simple and fun to make. It’s quite whimsical looking which is perfect for Easter.
That’s me in the picture way back when. We made our cake a chocolate flavor then decorated it with white frosting. Topped it with coconut all over and made pink coconut and sprinkles to put on the ears. We used gumdrops for the eyes and to decorate the bow tie with. Then we used string licorice for the whiskers, mouth and eyebrows. It was a fun day with Mom in the kitchen making this bunny cake. It sure turned out cute. We took it to a friends for Easter dinner. Everyone loved it!
Since this was so fun to make I’d like to share with you on how to make your own Easter bunny cake. I’ve put together some how steps for you to follow. So grab your supplies and lets get started!
Serves: 1 cake
- Cake Mix (flavor of your choice)
- 2 Containers White Frosting
- Jelly Beans
- Black or Red String Licorice
- Food Coloring
- The recipe in this photo is basic so you can make your own adjustments as needed. You can choose any cake flavor. Frosting though should be white. You can leave it just frosted or and put coconut it on it. If you don't want to use jelly bean; you could use gum drops. Either black or red licorice goes great for whiskers. Make as whimsical as your like.
- Use two round 9' inch pans. One round cake is used for the head of the bunny. The other round cake is used for ears and a bow tie.
- Ingredients you'll need: Cake mix, frosting, eggs, vegetable oil and water. Follow directions on the package on how to make the cake. You will divide the batter into 2 - 9' inch round pans. You may need two containers of frosting for this bunny cake.
- You'll need a pattern to look at so you know who to cut one of the round cakes for the ear's and a bow tie. You can print out a circle with the lines on it to follow as you cut the pieces. See below.
- You'll use toppings like coconut, jelly beans, licorice and pink sprinkles. You can change out the jelly beans for gumdrops and any color sprinkles you like. Chocolate chips would go good for decorating the bunny too. It's fun and and whimsical so make it your style!
- The food coloring is so you can make colored coconut for the ears or even the bow tie if you wish. Just put ¾ cup coconut into the bowl and add a 2-3 drops of the color you want. Mix it and let it set for a bit. Then add to your ears or bow tie.
This link explains a bit more on coloring coconut: How To Color Coconut
In this video it will show you how to assemble and decorate a bunny cake. It’s easy and simple to follow.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR