Football Peanut Butter Cookies
A fun thing to do for Super Bowl Sunday is to make treats for the gang. I thought it would be fun to make my own creation of a football decorated on top of peanut butter cookies. So I attempted to do just that.
Here’s my story:
I cheated and didn’t make the cookies from scratch. I used one of those store bought packages and followed the directions on the package to make them.
I did, however, make the frosting by scratch. I made just enough frosting for a few cookies. I’ve never done that before so getting the measurements right was a little tricky especially the powdered sugar.
Basically just a teaspoon of melted margarine and cocoa, then a tablespoon of milk and ½ tsp or less vanilla. I used 4 tablespoons or more of powdered sugar. I finally got the consistency to where I wanted it to be. You don’t want it to runny or thick. It turned out good except the taste. I wasn’t sure what I missed for taste wise but overall it still worked just fine for making a football on the cookies.
My fiancée helped with the football design. He suggested I print a little football out online to use as an outline. It worked great. I used a butter knife to lightly make an outline on the cookie. I then frosted the football on the cookie. Then for the white strips we used the frosting cream from the middle of an Oreo cookie. He cut the frosting into little strips and then I put them on the football. There you have my football cookie creation. It was fun to make!
Prep: 20 Min – Cook Time: 10 Min x 3 Pans – Total Time: 50 Min – Serving: 3 Dozen
Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Store Bought Package (Betty Crocker Cookie Mix, Peanut Butter, 17.5-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 12))
- White Sugar
1. Shape about a teaspoon of dough into a ball.
2. Roll the balls in white sugar
3. Place them about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Flatten with a fork making a crisscross pattern
5. Bake each sheet of cookies at 350 for 10 minutes
Prep: 10 Min – Total Time 20 Min
Frosting (Enough for a Few Cookies)
- 1 tsp margarine
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4+ tbsp. powdered sugar
- Oreo cookies – Cream in middle
1. Mix together margarine and cocoa.
2. Add milk and vanilla. Mix well
3. Add powdered sugar. Mix thoroughly.
*You may need to add a little more powdered sugar so it’s not too thin.
4. Then frost into the football design on the cookie
5. Take carefully apart an Oreo cookie
6. Slice the white cream in the middle into strips
7. Shape on top of the football – one strip on each end and one in the middle
This frosting recipe is for a few plus cookies to start with. To frost a football on more than a few cookies of course you’d you have add more of each ingredients.
Four baking items that are essential to making cookies and frosting is baking sheets, spatula, measuring spoons and mixing bowls.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR