German Chocolate Is To Die For!
I’ve been a huge fan of German Chocolate all my life so I fell in love with this recipe right away when I found it. I just had to make it! I gathered my ingredients, mixing bowls, and utensils to put these bars together. I keep pecans in my freezer so all I had to do was get them out and chop them up for the coconut mixture. A good alternative is walnuts if you don’t have pecans. The sweetened condensed milk really makes the bars come together with a wonderful sweet taste. It was so simple and easy to make
These bars are perfect to pop into a basket to take on a picnic or just for a treat at home. I made them for my family I had visiting and it was quite a yummy treat on my table. I’ll be making these again for sure!
So if you love German chocolate like me; you’re going to want to make these bars.
- 1 box devil's food chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup milk semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x13 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter and egg, and press into the bottom of the prepared pan. The crust should not come up the sides. Bake for 7 minutes and remove from the oven. The crust will not look done.
- While the crust is baking, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, egg, pecans walnuts and coconut.
- Pour evenly over the warm crust and sprinkle evenly with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.
SilverStone Hybrid Ceramic Nonstick Bakeware Covered Cake Pan, 9 by 13-Inch, Chili RedSet of 2 Stainless Steel Mini Cookie Spatulas with Wood Handle, Slotted Blade Cookie Spatula and Solid Blade Cookie SpatulaNew Star Foodservice 42917 Commercial Quality Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Combo Set
ABOUT THE AUTHOR