Making fresh pasta at home.
If you’ve never made pasta at home you’ll be amazed at the difference it makes. Gourmet pastas can cost a fortune at speciality food stores and delis – so why not make your own? Using this recipe, from top chef Dirk Du Cuyper, you can make your own special pastas at home.
Flavour your pasta, if you wish. Try basil, sun-dried tomatoes, olives or garlic for truly Mediterranean tastes. Add flavourings to the flour during preparation.
This takes only moments to make in a food processor and if you have a pasta machine too,preparation is a breeze.
- 500 grams (3¾ cups) semolina flour
- 4 eggs
- Splash of olive oil
- Put the flour and eggs into a food processor and mix well.
- Add a splash of olive oil and enough water to make a workable dough.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Using a little flour to prevent sticking, process the dough through a pasta machine to form thin sheets.
- Place the sheets on a floured surface and dry for twenty minutes.
Try this pasta in the chef’s Salmon and Spinach Lasagna recipe.
See a great selection of pasta makers at Amazon
Find this and other recipes in Dirk’s book: