Hot, fast chili soup recipe
There’s nothing like a good hearty bowl of chili to take the chill out of your bones, but does it take hours to make? No, this tasty chili recipe can be done and on the table in just about 20 minutes. Serve with shredded cheddar and corn chips, or crackers if you prefer. This meal sticks to your ribs!
- 1 & ½ pounds ground beef or turkey, cooked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- To Taste Extra chili powder, (optional)
- Grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a large pot, brown ground beef and onions together until beef is no longer pink and onions are translucent; drain.
- Sprinkle Taco Seasoning into the meat, and simmer with 1 cup water for 5 minutes. Move meat to the edges of the pot. In the center, pour the stewed tomatoes and use a spatula or masher to chop them up.
- Add another full cup of water. Stir in the tomato paste until well blended; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in both cans of undrained beans. Bring once more to a boil, and reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, making sure to stir occasionally so the beans don't stick.
- Serve with grated cheddar, crackers, cornbread, or corn chips for a rich and filling meal.
Bring a hearty soup to the table in a tureen – the aroma tantalizes.
If you are serving the soup as a meal, not as a meal starter, a covered tureen helps keep your soup hot while on the table. Everyone can serve their own portion and go back for seconds and the soup is still hot. Here’s another suggestion; put all the condiments, breads, and crackers on the table so guests can choose whatever they want as accompaniment to the soup.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR