How to be Parisian – wherever you are
Have you ever admired that effortless style that women from Paris seem to have? Everything they do seems to be so stylish and effortless.
Whether sitting at a sidewalk café sipping a glass of wine or shopping for the best French bread, they exude a special something and what’s more, they do it with a twinkle in their eye.
Sophisticated they may be, but they are also fun. They are real.
Delightfully, four such women gathered together to create the book you see on the right. Women from Paris showed us years ago how to properly wear espadrilles and how jeans should really be worn and this book lets us into so much more. We have a lot more to learn.
- How to choose and use a signature item in your wardrobe
- How to be the best version of yourself
- Bizarre tips that have been handed down from mother to daughter
- Fifteen words you need
- Tricks and tips for classic French recipes – and how to have a successful dinner party
- The Paris woman’s version of the highway code
- The first date – and how to deal with hangovers
Although some of these topics may seem to be domestic, don’t for a moment believe that this is a modern but French version of Mrs Beeton.
The book is sexy, educational, whimsical and funny.
Chapters are short and composed of short and pithy paragraphs. Typically Parisian, they tell you what you want to know without any excess fluff or frills.
Speaking of frills, here’s an excerpt:
What you WON’T find in her closet:
- Three inch heels. Why live life halfway?
- Logos. You are not a billboard
- Nylon,polyester, viscose and vinyl will make you sweaty, smelly and shiny
- Sweatpants. No man should ever see you in these. Except your gym teacher – and even then. Leggings are tolerated
- Blingy jeans with embroidery and holes in them. They belong to Bollywood
- UGG boots. Enough said
- A skimpy top. Because you’re not fifteen any more
- A fake designer bag. Like fake breasts, you can’t fix your insecurities through forgery
ABOUT THE AUTHOR