Irish Ice Cream and Chocolate recipe
This is our absolutely favourite dessert. And that’s not just because it’s delicious. It takes only a few minutes to make and yet it’s elegant enough to serve at your next dinner party. It’s also a wonderful finale to a romantic dinner a deux.
You can make this ahead by assembling the ice cream and the chocolate in attractive glassware and then keep them in the fridge leaving only the sauce to be added when you’re ready to serve. I use wonderful Cadbury’s chocolate for this dish but choose the chocolate of your choice, whatever you personally prefer. It’s the same with the ice cream – we like a creamy, good quality vanilla but the wonderful thing about this dessert is that you can experiment.
And experimenting with ice cream and chocolate is lot of fun 🙂
It’s good idea to keep the chocolate in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble this dish. It’s quite surprising that something that takes only a few minutes to put together tastes so very good.
Here’s the so quick and so easy recipe.
- 2 large scoops ice cream
- 1 bar of your favourite chocolate
- 1 cup Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- Fresh mint leaves
- Take two decorative glasses and add a spoonful of ice cream to each
- Be sure that the ice cream covers the bottom of the glass
- Using a knife, shave chocolate chips from the bar on top of the ice cream
- Add another layer of ice cream
- Add another layer of shaved chocolate
- Repeat until the glass is almost full, finishing with shaved chocolate
- With a skewer, make several holes down through the ice cream and chocolate
- Warm the Bailey's in a small saucepan - do not boil
- Pour half the Bailey's into each glass
- Decorate with mint leaves and serve