Fruity desserts are a very refreshing summer treat. Especially this simple jello dessert. Doesn’t it look yummy!
This is super easy to make. All you do is pick your flavor of jello out and make it as directed on the package. Then you add a fruit of your choice either canned or fresh.
Mine is made with a strawberry flavored jello with canned fruit cocktail. I topped it with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. A mixture of fruit or just one kind is good. Mix it up any way you like. My all time favorite is peach with either fresh or canned peaches mixed in.
This kind of dessert looks especially nice in a clear glass dish. It shows off the color. I served mine in an heirloom depression green dish that belonged to my Grandmother. A dish with a small foot on it gives it more of a sweeter look.
- 1 small box Jello Gelatin (any flavor)
- 1 to 2 cups can fruit cocktail
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino Cherry for garnish
- Make Jello as directed on package.
- When done pour into a bowl.
- Add fruit into it.
- Put in refrigerator until it thickens.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cherry on top!