Getting the most out of vegetables with Martha Stewart.
Whether it’s entertaining, home decor, crafts, home cooking or most lifestyle subjects, Martha Stewart is without doubt today’s home guru. And in her latest book, she tackles something most of us should do more often – cook and serve glorious fresh vegetables.
Of course, the wonderfully photographed recipes all have that magic Stewart touch and there’s a wealth of information about how to buy your vegetables, the various cooking methods and which vegetables pair well with various meats and fish dishes.
Most of the recipes are very easy to recreate and give an unusual twist to some old favourites. Others feature vegetables that you might not have tried before. Here are some examples:
- Pork roast with rhubarb chutney
- Melon and mint soup
- Grilled corn with bacon, mayonnaise and oregano
- Four onion soup with ginger
- Lamb stew with Jerusalem artichokes
- Pistachio guacamole
- Salmon and avocado tartines
Is your mouth watering yet?
Here’s a sample easy recipe:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Padron peppers
- Flaky sea salt
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over a medium heat
- Cook peppers in a single layer, turning, until blistered (about 5 minutes)
- Transfer onto a platter, sprinkle with sea salt and serve
ABOUT THE AUTHOR