Pear and blue cheese pizza – delicious recipe
We love pizza. I don’t think I’ll ever be bored with it. I’m pretty convinced that I could eat pizza every day if I had to. But, well,there are other considerations such as calories and cholesterol and all those boring things.
Boring yes, but we do have to pay attention. This doesn’t mean that I will ever (hopefully) have to give up a delicious Pizza Margherita
Nevertheless it’s such fun looking for healthier – and let’s be honest, posher – versions.
Pear and blue cheese is such a favourite of ours.
If you’re strictly and tomato-and-cheese pizza lover (and I was) then it certainly might sound a little odd but it is totally delicious.
It’s also very quick and easy to make.
This is primarily because I’m happy to cheat and use a ready-to-bake dough.
I use the Pillsbury pizza dough that comes in tubes – it lasts for quite some time in the fridge so you can easily whip up a homemade pizza very quickly.
- 1 tube pizza dough
- 1 pear
- 1 leek (cleaned and sliced)
- 2oz. cheese
- 1½ oz. blue cheese
- 1½ oz. soft goat cheese
- Salad leaves
- A little olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and set to medium.
- Add the sliced leeks and cook for about five minutes.
- Cut the pear in half, remove the core and cut one half into cubes and the other into slices.
- Add the cubes (not the slices) to the pan with the leeks, stir and turn the heat to low.
- Remove the dough from the tube and pat out onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 5 - 8 minutes -or a couple of minutes less than the total baking time given on the pack.
- While the dough is baking, grate the harder cheese.
- Sprinkle this over the almost-cooked base and return to the oven for just a few seconds until the cheese begins to melt.
- Spoon the pear-leek mixture onto the pizza base and spread evenly.
- Crumble the blue cheese over the top and put the pizza back in the oven for another five minutes or so until the blue cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, add the pear slices (the heat from the pizza will warm them) and the salad leaves just before serving.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR