A series of articles about Overcoming Procrastination and Performance Anxiety.
By Stacey J Nelson Ph.D.
New monthly meetings and Motivational Training in Delray Beach, and Boca Raton starting soon! See if you qualify to attend if you believe in the “Procrastinators Code Of Ethics”. People habitually postpone tasks for various reasons, including the “Fear of Failure” rejection, or the unconscious “Fear and Responsibility of being Successful”.
Often times one might be overwhelmed by too many tasks to complete, or not being realistic about their options, and the amount of time needed to complete each task. Being unclear of prioritizing and what to do first, can produce feelings of “Guilt” and “Performance Anxiety”, and can lead to a never ending ride on a merry go-round. Consequently, one often remains in a state of being in “Limbo”.
Here is a list of “The Procrastinators Code of Ethics”, check and see what you might hear yourself saying or believing, and see if you qualify to attend these training programs.
1. Do tomorrow what you can do today
2. Save more important tasks for last
3. When in doubt, don’t do anything
4. If you’re not in the mood, don’t do anything
5. If you can’t do it perfectly, don’t do it at all
6. Do a lot, and don’t accomplish anything
7. Perfection means doing something perfectly
8. If it’s too difficult give up
9. If it hurt’s don’t do it, something is wrong
10. Why should I do today, what I can put off for tomorrow
11. Always do the unimportant things first
12. Why do it, when you can worry about it
13. Don’t do it think about it
14. I don’t have time for it
15. There aren’t enough hours in the day to get things done, why start?
16. Don’t start something, unless it’s going to be perfect.
17. Before I begin, I need to be relaxed first; I need a cup of coffee first
18. Before I begin, I have to make phone calls first.
19. Before I begin, I just need to read the newspaper, or watch the news
20. Always set impossible goals
21. Never prioritize, be spontaneous and unpredictable
22. Never prioritize, it’s a waste of time
23. I’m still gathering information
24. It’s on my list
25. It’s as good as done