Quick Vegetable Beef Soup
This hearty Vegetable Beef Soup can be varied with changing the ingredients used. If you like green chiles, spice it up with them. If you have leftover vegetables, put them in too. Make it with or without the beef chuck roast. Any way you make it, it will be a comfort in those cold days of winter, warming you inside and out.
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, cooked, drained, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-15-ounce can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-10 & ½ ounce can beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground black pepper, (optional)
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 5 medium potatoes, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- I bottle tomato juice
- Cook Beef Chuck Roast in oven or slow cooker, or use leftover beef from another meal.
- Combine chopped beef, with all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat low and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
Serve with corn bread or crusty artisan bread for a filling, satisfying meal.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR