Noodle Casserole With Tuna.
Tuna noodle casseroles can be made in many varied ways. I make mine stove top. It can also be made in the oven. I usually use elbow noodles. You can use egg noodles which makes for a nice swirly casserole look. There are times I’ve used half and half of each kind of these noodles and it turned out really great.
I like to use mushroom soup in my casserole because it turns out nice and creamy. I add most of a can of peas which give added color and you get your greens as well. If you don’t like peas then don’t add them. Then I simply seasoned it with some sprinkles of salt, pepper, onion and maybe a little garlic seasoning. Not everyone likes the same seasonings so add what you think would go nice. So what’s nice with this recipe is that you can use whatever seasonings or noodles you like. I think its nice when you can create your own casseroles how you like and want them.
This casserole makes for a nice simple dinner. Add a butter biscuit and your all set. A lettuce would be another good option to add with this casserole too.
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can tuna
- 1 can peas
- ½ cup milk
- Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic
- Boil large pan of water.
- Add noodles and boil for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Use colander to drain water off noodles. Then put noodles back into pan.
- Add mushroom soup, milk, tuna to noodles. Mix well.
- Gently stir in a can of peas.
- Let cook on low for about 5 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR