How to Make Easy Waldorf Salad – A lovely summertime dish, chilled to perfection!
A popular warm weather treat…chilled Waldorf Salad. It’s delicious as a side with grilled turkey or chicken. This was a favorite side dish for my sister’s family. She would use apples that were on sale at the time, keeping her cost down. Since the celery and walnuts were crunchy, it made no difference in the taste or crunchiness of the salad.
Serves: 5 - 6
- 2 to 3 apples, chopped
- 4 to 5 celery, stalks, chopped
- ½ to ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Sprinkle lemon juice over chopped apples and stir to coat well.
- Add remaining ingredients, including mayonnaise and mix well.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR