Galaxy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe.
A fun specialty sandwich from my Star Wars Cookbook is a Galaxy Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
Now this isn’t your average plain jane grilled cheese sandwich. I has pickles on it. I like pickles but wasn’t sure of them grilled with cheese but to my surprise it was super tasty after I made and tried them. It’s just basically making your grilled cheese sandwiches as you normally do but with pickles. Simple and easy peesy as that! To make it even more fun I used my star and shamrock cookie cutters to make fun shapes. I served it with tomato soup. What a silly dinner for just me and my other half. He got a kick out it and truly enjoyed it as much as I did!
Serves: Serves 2
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tsp butter
- 8 thin slices Cheddar cheese
- 8 pickle slices
- Lay 4 slices of bread on a flat surface. Spread one side with 1 tsp butter on each slice.
- Turn bread slices over so the buttered sides are face down. Top bread with cheese slices on each side.
- On two of the breads with cheese, lay 4 pickle slices on each one. Then close the slices with the pickles in the middle of the cheese.
- Place sandwiches in the skillet on medium heat. Cook each side to a golden brown and make sure cheese is melted.
- Use spatula to lift up an edge to make sure each side is browning.
- With a spatula to remove sandwiches from skillet onto cutting board.
- Use cookie cutters that look like planets such as stars or round ones to cut the shapes. Press cookie cutters straight down into the sandwich. Lift cookie cutter gently to remove sandwich shapes.
- Serve for dinner with soup.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR