One of my favorite summer salads is a Zesty Italian Pasta Salad. It is easy and simple to make. You can make it with plain noodles, colored noodles even pretty bow pasta.
My favorite way is using colored noodles because they make the salad look so pretty look inviting with all the different colors. You can make this salad with all your favorite veggies from your garden and even a few from the store.
If there is one you don’t like; you can leave it out. Some like to add cheese or pepperoni but I prefer just veggies. So whatever your preference is, this salad is for you.
When I first learned to make it my friend made this with angel hair spaghetti. I love the taste but thought it would be better as a chunkier kind of salad. That is why I use the colored noodles for mine. The zesty Italian dressing that is used makes the flavor pop.
This salad is great for a picnic, family gathering or church potluck. It’s especially fun just for summer! You can serve this salad in different servings bowls and containers. I love to use an ice cream bucket with a cow scene on it. I’ve had it for a long time which I save for special occasion or seasonal use such as summer.
You’ll love this salad no doubt so don’t miss out on making it!
- I pkg colored noodles
- 1 -2 medium tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- ½ cup green pepper
- ½ cup yellow pepper
- ½ cup red pepper
- 1 can black olives
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small bunch of broccoli
- 1 bottle Zesty Italian dressing
- Prepare noodles as directed on package.
- Using a colander; drain noodles and spray cool water on them to rinse and cool.
- Put noodles in a clear glass serving bowl. Dice all veggies; then place them on top of cooked noodles.
- Then add Zesty Italian dressing and gently mix well.
- Cover and chill before serving.
- For best results, prepare the day before you wish to use. Stir a couple of times that day and prior to serving. You may need to add a little extra dressing before serving as the noodles will soak it up.
Tri-color pasta makes your salad looks pretty. The noodles are made of wheat or white flour, water, eggs and a little salt but flavored a little different. The flavors are yellow is regular, red is tomatoes, green is spinach and orange is carrot. All flavors perfect for a pasta salad.
Black olives are picked when they are fully ripened. The texture of a olive depends on how they are cured. Generally olives are packed in salt, brined, pickled, or soaked in oil and sweeter than green olives. Black olives are great in pasta salads and help to give it color.
Zesty Italian Dressing is spiced perfectly for a pasta salad. Some of the ingredients are vinegar, water, canola oil, sugar, salt, garlic, red bell peppers, onions and other seasonings. This dressing is superb on pasta!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR