Langoustine Bisque or Soup.
Have you tried my delicious recipe for Langoustine Hollandaise? You can see the recipe here. Don’t be tempted to throw away the langoustine shells, you can make a delicious and creamy soup using them as a base.It’s truly delicious.
Because you discard the shells when you eat langoustine, it is really wise to make a soup or bisque with them. This is also one of those quick and easy recipes that is very special indeed. It makes a delicious creamy soup.
You will need quite a tough blender for this because the shells have to be crushed.
- 75g slightly salted butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 500g langoustine shells
- 2 tablespoon brandy
- 250 ml stock chicken or fish
- 100 ml thick cream
- Peel and finely chop all the vegetables
- Heat the butter in a skillet and gently fry the onions and garlic till they are soft and see through.
- Add all the other ingredients into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the entire mixture into a blender – you may have to do this in stages and blend on a pulse for about a minute or until it is very smooth.
- Pass all the mixture through a fine sieve and into clean bowl
- Serve : You could add croutons and chopped chives on top if you like. This soup is very special.
Here’s an article I wrote called Great Smoked Salmon Recipes. Hope you like it.
Do you enjoy seafood? What is your favorite? Please leave a comment. Thanks very much for your visit.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR