Make pumpkin spice cupcakes with eyeballs for Halloween!
These were fun to make. I cheated and used a box mix which you can pick up at your local grocery store or if you shop online at Amazon Grocery. It comes with the mixtures for the cupcakes and the frosting. The frosting is orange is a decadent color for fall and the Halloween holiday.
Making these cupcakes are really pretty easy. Just follow the directions and you can’t go wrong. Now when making the frosting to me is a bit trickier since I’ve really never been great at frosting. Making this frosting wasn’t too bad and it turned out okay. You can even put some frosting into the middle of the cupcake using a pastry bag if you like. I didn’t do that but it would be really good to do if you’re in a mood for decorating.
My favorite part was adding the gummy eyeball to the top of the frosted cupcake. When I got them into the container it was rather creepy having those eyeballs stare back at you. These cupcakes make for a truly fun treat for Halloween. They are so tasty too!
- 1 box pumpkin spice mix with frosting mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tsp water
- 8 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line muffin pans with Halloween baking cups
- Blend cupcake pouch mix, eggs, water and oil in a large mixing bowl. Beat at a low speed with a hand mixer for a few minutes until blended together.
- Spoon batter (1/2 full) into about 12 baking cups.
- Bake in center of oven at 350 for 20 minutes. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean – no crumbs.
- Cool cupcakes.
- To Make Frosting: Mix butter with an electric hand mixer for 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add frosting mix that came in box mix to butter while mixing on low speed.
- Add 2 tsp of water.
- Keep mixing until mixture turns into frosting.
- Then frost cupcakes.
- Place a gummy eyeball on top of cupcake.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR