Experimenting with cauliflower has been a recent project of mine. Since roasted cauliflower is so popular, I thought I would try it with some different flavors. Turmeric came quickly to mind since it is a spice recommended for brain health. Some studies have shown it may actually slow or stop the deterioration that leads to Alzheimer’s disease.
Anything we can do to improve our brain’s health is a good move. Healthy olive oil, or even better, melted coconut oil, are considered good oils. Cauliflower has plenty of vitamins and nutrients. It makes a healthy side dish to serve with any protein. Have it for a light lunch or dinner if you like to keep it vegetarian.
It is a tasty dish with a unique flavor that I found delightful. I served it on a bed of spinach, but it would be good served over rice too.
- ¼ cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1 /2 head of cauliflower, cut into 1 inch bites
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan or line it with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, blend olive oil, garlic, turmeric and crushed red pepper until well blended.
- Stir in the cauliflower, tossing until well coated.
- Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt, as you like.
- Roast 25 minutes until tender.
- Remove from pan into a bowl, and toss with cilantro and green onion.
- Serve hot.
Such an easy dish to prepare. All you need it a baking sheet. My favorites are the insulated air bake pans. I use them all the time lining them with parchment paper. I’ve had them for over a decade and they still look great. You can see a set just like mine right here.
Air Bake Cookie Sheets
I so recommend this parchment paper. I’ve tried other brands and the precut individual pieces, but the Kirkland brand is superior. You can tear off the size you need. Because it contains (205 square feet) so much you don’t have as much curling (until near the end). It’s a good weight too. By the way, the commercial individual pieces do work very well too, but usually fit a bigger pan. So this one works best for me.