This morning I woke up to a beautiful day without a single cloud in the sky. On days like these, there is nothing better than to have a leisurely breakfast at home. I went to my kitchen to see what I had and realized I had some bread that was about to go bad in a day or two. I also had exactly two eggs and a small amount of milk in the milk carton. If at this point, you’re thinking French Toast, you’re absolutely right because that’s exactly what I decided to make.
French Toast made Super Easy
There really is nothing simpler than this french toast. I simply improvised with what I had and made do and surprisingly, it was better than the french toast I had at a cafe a few months ago. Honest! I also had exactly one dragon fruit and one persimmon that were ripe and sweet, which made the perfect accompaniment to the dish. If your fruit isn’t sweet enough, you can cut them up and toss them with some sugar for added sweetness.
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 thick slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- cinnamon (optional)
- cut fruits (optional)
- Beat egg and milk in a bowl until combined.
- Soak each bread slice in the egg mixture until completely soaked.
- Butter the frying pan and cook each bread slice for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip the bread slices and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh ripe fruits, cinnamon and maple syrup if desired.
I hope you enjoyed this simple yet delicious recipe for French Toast. Please feel free to leave a comment and don’t forget to visit my YouTube Channel for daily videos including tons of yummy recipes. Thanks!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR