I learned to make this recipe from my sister. She made this while we were visiting her. Everyone had gotten sick in the house so she wanted to make something that we all could just easily eat as we got better. Although this soup isn’t your get better kind, it does have healthy ingredients in it. Plus when it’s chilly out it will warm you up! As she made it the smell made me hungry! She is such a good cook. To my surprise when I tried the chili it was so good and tasty. It was perfect, mildly seasoned. I loved that it was vegetarian to boot. I’m excited to put this in my recipe box next to my Mom’s chili. I love family recipes.
Making My Sister’s Vegetarian Chili
I gathered all the ingredients in the recipe then followed the instructions on how to make it. I used stewed tomatoes that were already seasoned with garlic and Italian flavorings as opposed to just regular unseasoned ones. It really gave the chili an awesome flavor! What is nice with the recipe being so simple is that you can change it up to fit your taste. Just add your favorite seasoning It was so incredibly simple to make! Other than that I just followed the recipe with all the rest of the ingredients. It’s my kind of recipe! It turned out super good. I’m so glad I learned how to make this.
- 3 -4 cans kidney beans
- 2 -3 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can veggie burger
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- Chili powder
- Saute onions in a tablespoon of olive oil. Onions can sautéed in water or butter as well.
- Put canned kidney beans, stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce in larger kettle.
- Add onions and burger mixture to bean mixture.
- Sprinkle chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Heat to blend flavors.
- Cook on low heat and till bubbly. Then let simmer until heated all the way through.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with rolls or cornbread.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR