Easy hot dishes make for easy meals especially this recipe. There is no boiling the macaroni noodles. They are already precooked.
You’re probably wondering about what this precooked means, huh? Well it’s a precooked mac & cheese. I didn’t know about these sort of noodles until I got a package like this. I wasn’t even sure what to do with it. I’d never heard of it or seen it before. It comes in a bag and can be kept frozen until you need to use it. I’d acquired it through a food pantry and while visiting with my sister-in-law Elvira she told me of a few ways she made it. So I decided to give one of them a try.
When you take the precooked noodles out of the package, the cheese looks very yellow. Once it’s cooked the color is not as yellow, just lighter in color.
I used venison burger in my hotdish. I love to cook with that even over regular hamburger. Depending on the usage of salt in the home, Mrs. Dash is a good alternative to use. Basically you could use other spices depending on what you like. It’s makes a big batch so depending on how many you are serving for, you can freeze some and then get it out another day. Just warm it up and dig in!
I was amazed how good it all tasted when it was all done. Sometimes a person doubts when making something new how it will turn out. I’m very pleased with this easy recipe and use of precooked mac & cheese. Biscuits go really great with this hot dish especially the buttery flavored ones. So if you haven’t tried precooked noodles in a package, get some and give it a try.
- 1 large package precooked mac & cheese
- 1 lb. hamburger or venison burger
- 1 28 oz. can stewed tomatoes, with seasoning in them
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt or Mrs. Dash
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- If your precooked mac & cheese is frozen then it will need to be thawed. (I get it out the night before and put in the refrigerator)
- In a fry pan, brown the burger.
- Cut open the bag of mac & cheese and empty into a large mixing bowl. Then put the browned burger into it. Add the stewed tomatoes. Add the onion, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix all together.
- Put into a 9 x 13 pan. Cover with an aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Elite Bakeware Large All Purpose Baking Pan with Ultra Nonstick Coating and Sure Grip HandlesOXO SteeL Serving Spoon, 3-1/2-InchOXO Good Grips 5-Quart Mixing BowlOxo Good Grips Measuring Spoons, Stainless Steel, 4-PcBekith Silicone Spatulas – 10 Inch (Set of 4), Soft and Flexible – Won’t Chip Crack Dent or Rust Heat Resistant Kitchen Utensils
ABOUT THE AUTHOR