Here’s an easy, versatile recipe for a brunch or a simple family breakfast. They also work great for something to grab on-the-go.
Chop a little onion, some ham or bacon, any vegetables you would like to add. Try spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers… It doesn’t take very much. Sprinkle some cheese in with the egg, and bake them up.
If you serve them immediately, they are nice and high. If they will be served later, they do fall a little bit, but they still taste delicious. They would work in a biscuit or a roll for a breakfast sandwich, or served with fruit or your favorite breakfast foods.
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
- 8 eggs
- ½ teaspoon oil
- ¼ milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ham or bacon (optional)
- shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine eggs, oil, milk, and baking powder.
- Use a mixer or blender to blend thoroughly.
- Sprinkle onion, ham or bacon, a few torn leaves of spinach, and cheese into the bottom of each tin.
- Pour the egg mixture over each tin, about ⅔ full.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
These baked up beautifully in a silicone muffin pan. I’m so pleased with it. The flexibility lets these and any muffin pop right out of the tin, no sticking. Liners aren’t even necessary which is a plus to me.