Lasagna is always a good meal; not to hard to put together either.
The reason I call this one oven ready lasagna is because of the noodles. I’ve never tried noodles that were oven ready before and decided to give this a try. Oven ready noodles means there is no boiling them. You just put them into your pan and add the layers.
I used the recipe right off the box of the oven ready noodles as well. Not something I usually do. I used ricotta already made up that is store bought. Not something I’m use to using. I like to make my own Ricotta because it is creamier. Either hamburger or veggie meat is good in this. I like it both ways.
Overall the lasagna turned out great. I thought it was a bit on the drier side but non the less really good. It must have been since my family scarfed it all up!
- 1 12 oz pkg oven ready lasagna
- 2 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, slight beaten
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 26 oz pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb lean ground beef cooked and drained
- Preheat over 425.
- The oven ready noodles do not need to be boiled before placing them in the pan.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, eggs and basil. Mix well
- In another medium bowl, combine the pasta sauce, 1 cup water and the browned ground beef. Mix well.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, spread 1 ½ cups meat sauce on bottom of pan. Then place ⅓ of the lasagna noodles over the pasta. Then spread ½ of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Top with ⅓ of meat sauce. REPEAT layering once. Top with remaining lasagna noodles then the sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining Ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Place a piece of foil over top of the pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until the lasagna is for tender
- Let stand 10 minutes sealed in the foil before cutting and serving.
Cuisinart 7117-135 Chef’s Classic Stainless 13-1/2-Inch Lasagna PanChicago Metallic Lasagna Trio Pan, 12-Inch by 15-Inch by 3-Inch
Norpro 3146 Slice, Slide Serve Spatula
ABOUT THE AUTHOR