Learn to make vegetarian lasagna with veggie burger.
Making lasagna is pretty each and pasta dishes are fun to make. There are so many variations of them. Everyone makes it different. What’s really nice is that you can swap out one ingredient for another one. So if you don’t like a certain kind of burger meat or in my case I needed to make it vegetarian so I used veggie burger. It’s a nice alternative for non-meat eaters. The texture of the veggie burger isn’t like real meat so it turns out more thinner but still very good tasting!
I also used a seasoned Parmesan cheese instead of the original flavor when I made my own ricotta. It had red pepper in it and gave it more of a kick taste I thought. I like to make my own ricotta because I think the store bought kind is dry. Homemade turns more out with a creamier flavor.
You can use the ready made noodles but I think the regular boiled lasagna noodles is better. Again not so dry in taste and the noodles are tender.
My fiancee told me it was the best lasagna he’s ever eaten even though it was made with the veggie meat. He’s a meat eater but will eat my veggie meat food when I make it. I especially cook vegetarian for some of my family when they visit. This was one of those times when I made this. Everyone loved it!
- 1 lb (16 oz) package lasagna noodles
- 1 can veggie meat
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 z can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ ts[n dried oregano
- ½ cup minced onion
- ⅛ tsp white sugar
- 1½ tsp dried basil
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 lb small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted and 1 tbsp oil of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
- Place veggie meat in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until even heated. Stir in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion, sugar, basil and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. This makes your Ricotta.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, place 2 layers of noodles on the bottom of dish; layer ½ of the Ricotta mixture, ½ of the mozzarella cheese and ½ of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30. Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting; serve.
Chicago Metallic Lasagna Trio Pan, 12-Inch by 15-Inch by 3-Inch (11-1/2-Inch by 2-1/2-Inch Cavities)Cuisinart 7117-135 Chef’s Classic Stainless 13-1/2-Inch Lasagna PanCuisinart CI1136-24CR Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron 14-Inch Lasagna Pan, Cardinal Red
ABOUT THE AUTHOR