When I saw this recipe I just had to try it. Mint chocolate chip is a favorite in our house. With St Patrick’s Day coming I thought I’d make a batch to see how they’d go over in case I need to make more. They turned out delish! I even shared some with my a neighbor who looks forward to my treats since I started sharing with them.
These were fun to mix up. I’ve never made cookies with the green coloring in them before. The batter looked like mint ice cream when I got the chips all mixed up in it. I was careful to watch the cookies when I put them in the oven. I baked them for 10 minutes. They came out perfect. A very festive cookie for St Patrick’s Day! Your family and friends will love them!
Serves: 35 cookies
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Sugar Cookie Mix
- ½ cup margarine softened
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, mint extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms.
- Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop or teaspoon to drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet - 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or unset
- Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie to wire rack.
- Cool completely or serve cookies slightly warm
ABOUT THE AUTHOR