Delicious frittata for breakfast or lunch
This recipe will serve four people as a breakfast dish. For lunch, it’s ideal served with fresh crusty bread and salad.
We often have this for dinner and it serves the two of us – we are both very greedy – and it makes a quick and easy meat-free meal.
Of course, if you do eat meat or fish,this is a beautifully flexible recipe. Seafood is a great addition as is small slices of grilled bacon. If you’re looking for a recipe that doesn’t use eggs, then this recipe can also be made using one of the egg substitutes that are on the market today.
Experiment with the herbs too – I have basil growing just outside my back door and that’s lovely to use in place of the oregano. Don’t forget leftovers either – they can be added to this dish too.
Here’s the easy recipe:
Serving size: One quarter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large cooked potato, chopped
- 1 tomato,chopped
- 2 cups beaten egg (or egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano (or rosemary)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a non-stick skillet and saute the onion and pepper for about three minutes until soft.
- Combine the eggs, cheese and seasonings.
- Add the potato and tomato to the pan and pour on the egg mixture.
- Cook over a low heat until almost cooked - the top should be slightly undercooked and not yet set.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for about a minute or until the top is cooked.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR