Hot Sauce + Cauliflower = Yum
After using Frank’s hot sauce on another dish, I decided we needed another recipe using the tasty, spicy sauce. When the search suggested chunks of cauliflower, I knew I had to try it for myself.
What a great find! Once again cauliflower blends in perfectly, this time with the flavors of the hot sauce. Since it is so low in calories, it makes for an excellent snack that tastes rich and filling, yet is light and healthy. It is a vegetarian dish besides.
As you can see in the photos, I made some of the cauliflower with the hot sauce and some plain to see how both would taste. The plain is good too, especially dipped in dressing, but the Buffalo Bites rule!
Try cooking them on the light side for a slightly crunchy taste. You can serve them with other crudités such as carrots and celery, or simply with the dips. The dipping sauce isn’t necessary since the hot sauce is a fantastic flavor, but it does offer a choice.
Either way it is easy and delicious! Give them a try and see if you don’t agree.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with oil.
- In a medium bowl blend flour, water, salt and garlic powder.
- Stir in the cauliflower until all is well coated.
- Using a slotted spoon, place the cauliflower on the parchment paper in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While it's baking combine melted butter with the hot sauce.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and coat with hot sauce. You can spoon it onto the cauliflower, or mix the cauliflower into the bowl containing the hot sauce to coat it.
- Return the cauliflower to the baking sheet and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cooled.
- You can serve with dipping sauce using dressing or eat plain.
Interested in a few other recipes where cauliflower makes a great addition? Check these out:
Taco Salad with Cauliflower and Ground Turkey
October 28, 2015
Cauliflower buffalo bites sounds delicious! I’m going to give this a try.